1. Getting Started
Every user can customize their professional profile on Honeit, to build rapport with candidates and stand out to clients.
Click your ‘profile icon’ in the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down, select ‘profile’.
- First Name and Last Name
- Add a profile photo
- Select your default timezone
Professional Info: Help candidates get to know your role in the company and your specialty areas.
- Add a job title
- Add a headline
- Select your primary industry
- Select your primary function
Verification: Help candidates get to know the real you, by authenticating with your social and professional social networks.
To stand out to candidates and clients, we make it easy for you to fully brand your Honeit account.
Click the ‘Admin’ tab on the top navigation. On the drop-down, select ‘Account’. Your user account must have administrative privileges to edit your company settings. Please contact your administrator to make account-wide changes.
- Add your company logos
- Square (250×250) and Wide (300×100) recommended
- Add your headline/slogan
- Add your company’s primary #hexcode color
- The #hexcode color is used for button and header colors, for branded emails and landing pages.
- Add your company website URL or link to careers page.
- Add a company description
There are two simple ways to schedule interviews using Honeit.
- Quick Schedule works when you already know a candidate’s availability to speak and want to simply send out a calendar invite.
- Scheduling Links can be pasted into email messages, email signatures or ATS/CRM message templates.
Let’s take a closer look at both scheduling options.
- Click the “Quick Schedule” tab on the home navigation bar.
- Add the candidate’s name, email address and the Date, time and the candidate’s timezone.
- Click Submit.
Candidates will receive a branded email and calendar invitation with call-in details. The default connection method for candidates is the telephone. Within the calendar invite is a phone number and interview pin number. Candidates simply call the phone number and enter their interview pin number at the time of the interview.
Candidates simply select a couple of times based on the interviewer’s availability.
Branding: Scheduling links include your company’s logo and the interviewer’s profile, photo and contact info.
Integration: Scheduling links integrate with Google Calendar or Outlook Calendars for free/busy synchronization and automatically add interviews to your calendar when they are confirmed.
We make it easy for you to invite candidates to interview, and to remove the headache of scheduling.
For a candidate to select times, you need to first Set your Weekly Availability in the system. It’s easy to drag and highlight sections of your day or week, when you’re usually free and when candidates are typically available. You can even select time on the weekends.
Candidates can select a few times from your weekly interview availability. All you need to do is ‘Accept/Confirm’ one of the times requested, and an interview confirmation emails (with calendar invites) is sent to the candidate. You will also receive a confirmation email with a calendar invite included.
Set Weekly Interview Availability:
Once you’ve confirmed an interview with a candidate, there are two ways to connect.
- Click the unique URL provided in the calendar invite you received.
- Log into your Honeit account. You will see ‘upcoming interviews’ and a ‘join interview’ button available 5 minutes prior to the beginning of the scheduled interview time.
After your phone interview. We make it easy for you to choose which audio highlights (candidate’s answers) you’d like to share with hiring managers. You can introduce one or multiple candidates and quickly send them to multiple hiring managers (or clients) through the system.
Step 1) Go to ‘Candidates’ tab. Check the box next to each candidate you’d like to submit.
Step 2) Click the blue ‘Action’ button at the top of the page.
Step 3) Select the Audio Highlights (the candidate’s answers from your live phone interview) that you’d like to include.
Step 4) Add the Email Addresses of Hiring Managers or multiple clients. Each person receives a separate email address. (no cc or bcc). Write a custom message or use an existing email template to accelerate the process.
That’s it. Below is a video walk-through of the steps above.
Digital Phone Interviews
Phone interview conversations play an important part in recruiting and hiring. That’s why we are excited to bring interview conversations into the cloud with innovative VoIP (voice over IP) and digital phone interview technology. While you can use any desk or mobile phone to utilize the Honeit platform, we encourage interviewers to simply talk through their browser using their computer’s microphone!
No downloads are required to use Honeit, however to ensure great VoIP call quality, we recommend headphones, using the latest version of Chrome web browser and a strong internet connection. To help our customers optimize the quality of Honeit, we have compiled a list of best practices for Honeit users.
First and foremost, it’s important to have strong internet connection to get the very best call quality out of Honeit. While a hardwire connection to your router or network is optimal, a wireless internet connection will also work. Just make sure to limit any obstructions between you and the access point which may affect your connection speed thus reducing call quality.
We encourage you to test your network connection using this link.
Using a wired headset can improve call quality, but is not required. We recommend using one of the following headsets. (Best to worst)
- Analog Headsets: These are 3.5 mm headphone and mic sets, not to be confused with cell phone headsets which do not offer the best connection when used on a PC. A dedicated headset for calls works the best.
- Wired USB headset: This is the runner-up for the best call experience.
- Bluetooth / Mobile phone headphones: As a last resort, these headphones will work but you may experience issues with call quality.
We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome web browser when using Honeit. If you do decide to use a headset, make sure your browser automatically detects it since sometimes browser settings may default to your computer’s built-in microphone.
To test your web browser and microphone, please use this link.
How to connect your Slack account
Once you authenticate, your Slack account will be connected to Honeit, for easy candidate sharing.
- Log-in to Honeit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Home” tab, click “Share Candidates with Slack” link.
- Click the ‘Add to Slack’ button.
- You’ll be prompted to log-in to Slack using your Slack credentials (domain and email address).
- Choose the public or private channel you’d like to use to share candidates. This will be your default ‘slack channel’, but you can add easily add additional channels (to share with fellow recruiters, hiring teams, entire departments or company executives).
How To Share Candidates via Slack
Once you end the interview, you’ll see the ‘Add to Slack’ and ‘Export Interview’ buttons on the top of the Interview Review page.
- Click ‘Add to Slack’
- Select the Slack Channel where you would like to share the candidate interview details.
- Add a personalized note
- Click ‘Add to Slack’
Below is what the share will look like to fellow recruiters or hiring teams.
Google’s Chrome is a powerful and light-weight web browser. It just takes a couple of clicks to download the Honeit Chrome Extension from the Chrome web store. Using the Honeit Chrome Extension makes it easy to incorporate 21st Century Phone Interviews to your existing recruiting workflow. You can invite, or confirm interviews without leaving your ATS or CRM and can even use the email templates you’re already using.
Step 1) Download the Honeit Chrome Extension from the Chrome Web Store.