After conducting thousands of phone interviews to date… it becomes a challenge to remember what’s unique, and what distinguishes one candidate from the next.
In many cases, a recruiter’s day is filled with back to back interviews, which leaves no time to consolidate notes and formally introduce candidates to clients and hiring managers, before jumping on the next call. Before you know it, days even weeks can go buy before you get to submit a candidate. This becomes a problem when all Recruiters have are the scribbled notes from a rich candidate conversation earlier that day, week, month, and now we need to articulate what makes each candidate a good (or bad) fit for the requisition at hand.
It doesn’t help the jobs are becoming increasingly specialized. When candidates rattle of words, acronyms, frameworks or best practices that pertain to specific roles, functions, or industries – recruiters must frantically scribble notes in hopes to capture, look up and later reference what was said. You can imagine the misinterpretation and bias from hearing, scribbling and sharing a few notes with a hiring manager to later read and interpret.
When you step back and realize it’s 2015 and that this is the same phone interview process we’ve had for 30 years.. it’s astonishing.
How about this..
- Recruiters ask req-specific questions, to conduct in-depth screens for a given requisition.
- Recruiters easily record a candidate’s answers during live phone interviews, so that we never forget a detail.
- Recruiters can review an interview, to keep the conversation fresh, and never confuse two candidates again.
- Recruiters can share a few audio clips, 2 minutes from a 40 minute conversation, so that hiring managers can hear exactly what a recruiter heard.
- If a Recruiter’s phone interview goes well…. do we really need another 2 or 3 phone interviews, before we invite a candidate on-site?
- If the on-site interview goes great.. do we really need to wait two weeks for a 10 minute phone call with the department head? Share a few highlights, with a unanimous yes and I’ll bet that SVP will sign off on the hire. Timing is everything in the talent business.
We’re re-engineering the interview experience with Honeit Interview technology and interview optimization. Get started today with a free two week trial.